This is a condensed summary of my CV. Please contact me for a full version if you would like one.
- Advanced C++ programming skills with over 15 years of professional experience as a C++ developer.
- Strong academic background with 4 years of university education in mathematics and computer science.
- Specialized skill sets include artificial intelligence for games and graphics engine development.
- Credited as a programmer on 8 AAA game titles which have together sold several million units, received high aggregate review scores and earned numerous industry awards.
Founder & Technical Director, Sublight Digital
Running a game development micro studio and consulting service. During this time I have worked on several game projects including new original IP, Guitar Hero Live (2015) for FreeStyleGames, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 (2016) for Zoë Mode, and Shooty Fruity (2017) for Near Light and nDreams.
Co-Founder, Brighton Game Collective
Running a non-profit game development focused co-working space.
Programmer, Creative Assembly
Programmer on the award-winning Total War series of PC strategy games. Worked on Attila (2015), Rome II (2013), Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai (2012), Shogun 2 (2011) and Napoleon (2010).
Worked on a wide range of technology and gameplay features for Total War’s real-time battles and engine infrastructure, including several years developing the AI for battlefield units, and the overall tactical battle AI.
C++ Software Developer, Keays Software
Developed real-time 3D graphics technology and terrain modelling applications for Keays Software, a software developer for the civil engineering and surveying community.
- Served as an academic tutor for one year at the University of Queensland, teaching undergraduate courses on mathematics and C++ programming.
- Developed a range of projects independently over a 12 year period, including a bespoke 3D game engine.
- Attended numerous games industry conferences around the world during my career.
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, University of Queensland
Major subject areas included mathematics, computer science and cognitive science, with a focus on computational mathematics topics and artificial intelligence. Undertook course part-time while working full-time to complement professional experience.
Diploma of IT, Software Development (“Specializing in Games”), SAE Institute
An intensive game programming course which included C++ programming, 3D graphics theory & implementation, network programming, game design and project management.